I hope you are all healthy and managing through this uncertain time. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if we can make any adjustments to help.
As a follow up to last week’s emails in relation to the COVID-19 situation and the impact to the operations at City Hall, we wanted to provide a few updates for you. As a reminder, we are still open for business in Community Development. While our customer counters may be closed, we are still accepting and processing your applications/plans for building permits, planning and mapping cases, and business licenses. Find out here on our website how to submit those documents during this time and how to get in touch with our team to get your questions answered.
Below is some additional information for you:
- We have temporarily postponed public outreach and processing of long range planning efforts, including the Zoning Code Update, updates to the Mortensen/Garson Overlay District, and Package Alcohol Ordinances. We plan to resume work on these efforts in the near future.
- Building and engineering inspections are being performed on a regular basis. We are asking all of our customers to respect the social distancing guidelines issued by the CDC.
- In an effort to go digital, our planning/engineering application checklists have been updated to reflect that we no longer require multiple CD/flash drives. Each application type will only require one flash drive and two hard copies of the application. This is an update from previous checklists that required anywhere from 12-20 CD’s with each submission. Check out our website for the updated checklists in the applications.
- In response to the actions of Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak and his administration with regard to essential and non-essential businesses, we’ve developed this guide that summarizes the operational restrictions and mandatory closures for certain types of businesses. The guide will be reviewed regularly and updated with any new guidance or mandates. The latest version of the guide will be available on Reno.Gov/COVID19. If you have questions or concerns related to these requirements, please call 775-334-2090 or email email@example.com.
- While most of the City staff are working remotely, we are still actively responding to inquiries by phone and email. Please see the contact information below for assistance:
- As a reminder, the weekly Monday morning (8 a.m. – 9 a.m.) Drop In with CD sessions have been cancelled through at least April 2020. However, pre-application meetings are continuing and are being held virtually. You can schedule a meeting using the online form: Request a pre-application meeting. Staff will follow up with you to confirm the meeting schedule and provide login details.
Arlo Stockham, AICP, Director
Community Development Department
Cell: (775) 224-6099
1 East First Street, 2nd Floor
Reno, NV 89501