Subject: Notice To All Permit Holders
During these times, the City’s Departments have maintained every effort to provide day-to-day service per the Emergency Declaration Directive 003. This letter is to inform you how we plan on proceeding forward during the next few weeks provided NO other Declaration are released.
First, per Directive 009, all permits are extended 90 days during COVID-19 episode. All permits will be grant a 90 extension from their current expiration date.
Second, our staff will continue doing field inspections maintaining the strict accounting of social distance protocol, and our inspectors will not enter confine spaces. These inspections can be call in using the inspection line (775-784-9829) or email the inspection to email@example.com. Either way, you still must leave the permit number, address, inspection type, date, and time. Please leave a return number in the event there are changes.
Third, our staff are reviewing plans, but you can expect delays. The normal practice of walk-ins turning in applications, plans, and corrections have to be modified. On limited permits, we have been accepting them via email, but these are typical over the counter type of projects. These can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not sure, you can email us or call 784-9900.
Lastly, during the next few weeks, we will accept paper application and corrections. These submittal do not guarantee you a prompt review. (Plans cannot be worked with IE slip sheeting or handled) All new paper and pdfs must be submitted. These submittal will be not be official accepted as they will be isolated for 48 hours. This is in attempt to release the overwhelming application burden when these orders are discontinue. This will be done on appointment only with a designated person. In the Building Department it will be Shawn Keating 784-7814. These submittal have to be complete with deposits or they will not be accepted.
You can expect to leave a message 775-784-9814 and we will set up the time and date of the intake/submittal.
The protocol listed below allows for appointments to be made and complete application to intake and accepted. The submittal will only be accepted if complete.
CITY OF FERNLEY – COVID-19 PLAN AND DOCUMENT DROP OFF PROTOCOL
1) THE CITY WILL BE UTILIZING THE COMMUNITY ROOM AKA ‘THE FISHBOWL’ TO FACILITATE THE DELIVERY OF PLANS AND DOCUMENTATION FOR BUILDING, GRADING, CIVIL, AND ENCROACHMENT PERMITS.
2) ALL BUSINESS THAT CAN BE CONDUCTED OR DELIVERED VIA EMAIL OR ELECTRONICALLY SHALL CONTINUE AND BE ENCOURAGED. IN-PERSON DELIVERIES SHOULD BE KEPT TO A MINIMUM.
3) THE COMMUNITY ROOM WILL NOT BE USED FOR OTHER PURPOSES UNTIL SUCH TIME THAT THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC IS OVER OR IT IS DETERMINED THAT NORMAL OPERATION OF CITY HALL CAN RESUME.
4) ANY UNNECESSARY FURNITURE OR EQUIPMENT SHALL BE REMOVED FROM THE COMMUNITY ROOM AND STORED TO AVOID CONTAMINATION. THE ONLY REQUIRED EQUIPMENT IN THE ROOM IS THE TABLE, DISINFECTANT FOR SURFACES, HANDSOAP OR HAND SANITIZER, HAND TOWELS, AND A TRASH BIN.
5) A DELIVERY LOG SHALL BE POSTED ON THE DOOR OF THE COMMUNITY ROOM AND UPDATED WITH APPOINTMENT TIMES AND NAMES OF APPLICANTS AND CITY EMPLOYEES RECEIVING THE DELIVERY.
6) ALL DELIVERY OF PLANS AND DOCUMENTS SHALL BE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. THE RESPECTIVE DEPARTMENT WILL COORDINATE THE DELIVERY APPOINTMENTS AND COMMUNICATE WITH OTHER DEPARTMENTS TO ENSURE THERE ARE NO CONFLICTING APPOINTMENTS.
7) EACH DEPARTMENT WILL DESIGNATE ONE PERSON THAT WILL ACCEPT DOCUMENTS AND BE PRESENT AT ALL TIME DURING DELIVERIES.
8) CITY STAFF SHALL COMMUNICATE TO THE APPLICANT THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL AN INDIVIDUAL EXHIBITING SYMPTOMS OF ILLNESS BE ALLOWED INTO THE COMMUNITY ROOM. APPLICANTS THAT ARRIVE EXHIBITING SYMPTOMS SHALL BE TURNED AWAY AND THE DOCUMENTS NOT ACCEPTED.
9) APPLICANT SHALL SEND ONLY ONE PERSON FOR THE DELIVERY. MULTIPLE PERSONS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE COMMUNITY ROOM FOR A DELIVERY.
10) STAFF SHALL BE PRESENT AT ALL TIMES DURING THE DELIVERY. APPLICANTS SHALL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER ANY OTHER AREA OF THE BUILDING OTHER THAN THE COMMUNITY ROOM. APPLICANTS SHALL NOT BE LEFT UNATTENDED.
11) DURING DELIVERY, STAFF SHALL USE ALL RECOMMENDED SOCIAL DISTANCING PRACTICES AS RECOMMENDED BY THE CDC.
12) THE TABLE IN THE COMMUNITY ROOM WILL BE SECTIONED OFF INTO SEPARATE AREAS USING TAPE. EACH SUBMITTAL SHALL BE PLACED IN ITS OWN SECTION OF THE TABLE TO AVOID CROSS CONTAMINATION BETWEEN SUBMITTALS.
13) THE EXTERIOR DOOR TO THE COMMUNITY ROOM SHALL BE LOCKED AFTER THE DELIVERY HAS BEEN COMPLETED.
14) STAFF SHALL DECONTAMINATE ANY SURFACES USED AND WASH THEIR HANDS PRIOR TO RE-ENTERING CITY HALL.
15) STAFF SHALL LOG THE DELIVERY ON THE LOG SHEET POSTED ON THE DOOR OF THE COMMUNITY ROOM AND INCLUDE THE TIME AND DATE OF DELIVERY AS WELL AS WHO WAS IN ATTENDANCE.
16) PLANS AND DOCUMENTATION WILL BE STORED A MINIMUM OF 48 HOURS AFTER ARRIVAL IN THE COMMUNITY ROOM.
17) PAYMENTS SHALL BE POSTED AFTER THE 48 HOUR PERIOD AND RECEIPTS EMAILED TO THE APPLICANT. PAYMENTS OVER THE PHONE ARE ENCOURAGED BUT MAY NOT ALWAYS BE POSSIBLE.
18) AFTER 48 HOURS, THE DOCUMENTS SHALL BE PICKED UP BY THE DESIGNATED PERSON IN THE DEPARTMENT AND PROCESSED AS NORMAL. THE SECTION OF THE TABLE USED FOR THE DECONTAMINATION PERIOD SHALL BE DISINFECTED BY THE DEPARTMENT.
19) THE FACILITIES STAFF SHALL SCHEDULE DAILY CLEANING OF THE ROOM AND ALL SURFACES INCLUDING THE OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLE. PLANS AND DOCUMENTS SHALL NOT BE MOVED IN ORDER TO FACILITATE CLEANING.
City of Fernley
Cell (775) 835-2745